RIG and Meter Engineering
PPE is a RIG Third Party Engineering Firm and an Approved Meter Inspection Company that offers in-house CAISO Authorized Inspectors. We can design, execute, and support any new and existing RIG and metering installation. Whether you’re performing a QF conversion or looking to participate in the market as a Distributed Energy Resource Provider (DERP), PPE has the skillset and qualifications to make it happen. Our services include:
- Design review to maximize revenue, meet regulatory requirements, and minimize risk through simple, purposeful solutions.
- RIG and meter programming, installation, and replacement for standard and complex schemes; we can also perform RIG certification renewals.
- In-house or on-site testing of any RIG or meter application, including annual maintenance and testing programs.
- Full integration to meet your SCADA, data monitoring, and revenue polling needs.
- Equipment specification and purchasing.
- Use of standard equipment in the power industry:
- CAISO approved RIG: SEL Real Time Automation Controller (RTAC).
- CAISO approved Meters: SEL, Ion, Landis & Gyr, Electro Industries, and others!
- Troubleshooting and repair of failed equipment.
- Qualifying Facility (QF) conversion.
- Site surveys.
- Load profile data retrieval.
- Remote access of CAISO-related equipment via our in-office ECN connection; this enables PPE, when appropriate, to remotely program, test, troubleshoot, and monitor installed equipment.
NRI Process Management
PPE is experienced in the CAISO New Resource Implementation (NRI) bucket process and requirements; our consulting services will make the process as seamless and transparent as possible. We will leverage our experience to stay ahead of issues and pitfalls, monitor the progress of your project’s schedule versus the deliverables, and provide on-site and remote support as your project approaches its Commercial Operation Date (COD). NRI services include:
- Complete package from your first Project Details Form to Commercial Operation we can lead the process, manage document and information retrieval, and submit documents to the ISO on your behalf.
- Design reviews.
- Milestone and deliverable tracking.
PPE can assist with, or fulfill additional requirements necessary at some CAISO facilities. Ancillary services can include:
- Meteorological (Met) Station procurement, programming, installation, and in-house and on-site testing for solar and wind generation facilities.
- Dispersive Technologies hardware solutions; use Dispersive Virtual Networks (DVN) to communicate your real-time and revenue data to the ISO.
Energy Communication Network (ECN) service access assistance; we can help with the paperwork and process to become a Connected Entity (CE) on the ECN and are experienced in the various solutions offered to do so.